Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Bah! Humbug! Kinetic Cards Challenge


OOOh, those ladies at Humbugger Hall really tossed us a toughy this week. The challenge is Kinetic Cards, or cards that move in some way. I knew I couldn't leave this one 'til the last minute and wracked my brain until I remembered the Snow Angel cut on Winter Frolic. Quite frankly, that cart is a little too cutesy for me to use often, but it sort of saved my butt this time around. I designed a shaped card in Design Studio that rocked because of the curved base. WooHoo! but I didn't want to stop there. After layering up the little kiddle I stuck her on an Action Wobble so she actually moves like she's making a snow angel. I cut an opening the size of her face in the parka layer and trimmed it and the sleeves with a snow writer and added Polar White Flower Soft. Then I popped the parka and boots that are shiny with Glossy accents. (Remember those red boots we pulled on over our shoes a bazillion years ago?) The face and hair are colored with Copics and the funky face is hand drawn. Clearly, I need some Peachy Keen Stamps, LOL The words are rub-ons by Melissa Frances. I also added some pom poms to be eligble for the Winter Wonderland Give us a "P" Challenge (and there's a bit of pink on there too).


I tried hard to get a real blurred action shot with the Wobble really doing it's thing, but my camera stopped the motion every time. (Clearly I need photography lessons, too) But you get the general idea don't you? So yea! for once I'm not scrambling at the last minute and you've got a day to join in too if you're so inclined. At least be sure to check out the cool kinetic cards the Design Team has made and the lovely cards on Winter Wonderland with elements starting with "P".

No comments:

Post a Comment