Friday, May 20, 2011

Whimsical Wednesday Back to Basics Challenge


I'm always anxious to see what the next Whimsical Wednesday Challenge is, even if I'm unable to play along. This week's was intriguing; create a card using "old school" methods (meaning NO Cricut!) My Cricut was the start of my paper crafting, so I really didn't have a stash of "old school" stuff before I bought it, but that didn't stop me from accumulating monstrous amounts of stickers, rub-ons, etc, just because they looked cool to me. One thing I do have a history of is decoupage, though. There was a store in my town, when I was in high school that sold multiple images of various scenes and objects to fussy cut and pop to make 3-D artwork and I bought several copies of a Model T car and spent hours cutting away and assembling the layers to mount in the lid of a jewelry box for my first love. I'm thinking that was the start of my infatuation with dimension. Although my card is not nearly as detailed, I used the same method with several copies of a botanical print from the Julianne Designer Mat pad from K& Co. The striped paper behind is also from that stack.

The color scheme and dimensional layers are quite subtle so I decided to make this a Sympathy card. I guess my "old school" element, besides the method itself, is the peel-off sticker sentiment that I colored with my Copic marker to match and mounted on Petite Scalloped and Petite Oval Nestie die cuts. The only embellishment are some adhesive pearls. Be sure to stop by Whimsical Wednesday to see what the fab DT has cooking, and remember, the challenges run for two weeks so there is plenty of time to play along. (OOOh, this makes 2 in a row for me, yahoo!)

No comments:

Post a Comment