Monday, September 19, 2011

Macabre Monday Apalling Apothecary


What's in YOUR medicine cabinet? Okay, Margie, you don't have to answer that. LOL but you ladies who take the challenge at Haunted Design House must...do you dare? My nifty little bottle of poison started as a bottle of premium scotch that hubby had to have. LOVE the shape of the bottle and just KNEW it would come in handy.WooHoo! I finally got to use my Tim Holtz Poison Label embossing folder which I tore around and inked with Distress.


The "cobwebs" are a ripped up dryer sheet. That seems to be one of my favorite recyclable items. A few plastic spiders and some interesting looking fibers and I was good to go.


And how about my cool skeleton fingers gripping that bottle? I used a mold meant for making chocolate covered pretzels and filled it with Paperclay (no baking required). After filling each finger, I carefully removed them and molded them around the bottle. Once dry, I painted them with Distress. The bottle is filled with some bile colored liquid and some dish soap so it bubbles. Couldn't really get a pic of that. And I've used some Distress Embossing Powder around the wood cork stopper which looks like some lovely corrosion. The top said Est. 1897 and I thought that was just too cool to cover up. I really enjoyed doing an "altered project" for a change and I hope you enjoy it too. I'm afraid there won't be a BBTB2 post this week. Sorry about that, but not only did I not have the cart, I had a fleeting (I hope) lack of mojo in that arena. Be sure to check out the rest of the Minions take on this challenge HERE (and again on Wednesday for Creepy Glo's submission) and in a few hours stop by BBTB2 and give my sisters there some love. I'm also entering this in the Allsorts Recycle/Alter something challenge, the Shopping Our Stash Vintage, Distressed or Shabby Chic Challenge, and the Quirky Crafts Anything but a Card Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment