Sunday, May 15, 2011

Macabre Monday Dali Delusions Challenge




This week on Macabre Monday at Haunted Design House we're say "Hello Dali!" (Sorry, soooo cheesy but I just couldn't resist.) Our projects are inspired by the art of Salvador Dali, surrealist extraordinaire. I think his most recognizable images are definitely the melting clocks and fortunately dear Lily of the Octopode Factory not only has a digi stamp Dali's clock, but also of Salvador himself. He is also known for self portraits, and clouds so I decided to combine those three things in my project. I printed the clock several times and left one whole, printed one on top of a cloud photograph I found on the Internet and used only the center portion, and the third I cut out the center and added the portrait of Dali printed on transparency in the opening.


Here's a better view of the cloud images as seen through the transparency layer of Dali's face.


The back clock was attached to a step card with the transparent clock attached at the top and bottom. The "Artist" stamp is Tim Holtz. This was a toughie for me, but if you want to see some real artists, check out the rest of the Minions creations. Unfrickin' believable!




No comments:

Post a Comment