Monday, July 18, 2011

BBTB2 Jolly Holidays Penguin Cut and Bah! Humbug! Shaped Card Challenge



Happy Monday everyone! Time for another fun challenge at BBTB2, this time chosen by our oh so talented sister, Melissa. Our challenge this week is the cute penguin with the umbrella from the Jolly Holidays cartridge but any penguin with any umbrella will do. Now you don't have to do a Christmas card, (wait 'til you see some of the uber creative things my teamies have come up with!) but I did, because I wanted to also enter it in this week's Bah!Humbug! challenge which is Shaped Cards. I designed my card in DS using the snowflake from Accent Essentials as the base. Seems like I always come back to that one. The penguin base is welded to the shadow of the snowflake at sort of an angle so he's look like he's flying through the air with his umbrella. He's a pretty simple little guy so I decided to add a few more snowflakes (also from Accent Essentials) to jazz up the card a bit.

Not quite as many layers as usual, because the cuts on Jolly Holidays has no shadows, but I did glue the umbrella around the top and side edges and pop the center so it sort of looks like it's open (which doesn't seem to show in the pic). There's a little embossing, doodling, adhesive pearls and a twine bow, and that's pretty much it. All in all, I still think it turned out pretty cute. Now go have a look-see at the fab creations by the rest of the BBTB2 DT and remember you have two weeks to complete the challenge with a "new" card, please. And why not check out the fabulous Bah!Humbug! challenges as well? Always super inspiration and fun there and for once, there's still time to enter because I'm not getting my project in just under the wire. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment