Friday, April 15, 2011

Side Box Card


In the wee hours of the morning I'm often up and of course, do a bit of blog hopping. A lot of times I see things that are very cool but then can never manage to find them again. Well, today was different. I noticed on a friend's sidebar (Thanks Sandy!) a link to the Creative Critters Imagination Blog. Who knew? It's a challenge blog for the Imagine and I'm sure I'll be back there to check it out further if I EVER have time to actually play with my "I" and get further than calibrating it. (I know, MY BAD!) Anyway, I clicked on a few of the entries into the current challenge and came across this cool Side Box card on Adele's Blog. I was half awake, but it was so neat I had to try it. I used double sided card stock from (last year's) DCWV Spring Glitter Stack and followed the measurements on Adele's Blog HERE. At least I think I did, but my card size looks a bit different than hers. Measuring is not my forte, even when I'm fully awake. LOL


Here's what my card stock looked like after I'd scored and trimmed it per Adele's instructions. I did a few things differently because I was confused about the 1" score line. I had a 1 1/4" score line on the top, and a 3/4" score line on the bottom. I didn't want to waste my paper so I made the cuts as she said at those score lines instead and it worked out fine.


At the top of the box, however, I made another score line 1/2" along the top of the box top which allowed the top to tuck in, and trimmed the side flaps 1/2" as well. To decorate the box I used score tape to adhere a ribbon around the length of the box and left the ends loose to tie in a bow. I wish I'd made the ribbon a bit longer, but again, it was a measurement thing. OOps! Anyway, I just added some Primas along the diagonal edge of the card and stickled them a bit because they looked so plain next to the glitter card stock and Voila! I'm sure I'll add a mat inside for a sentiment but I'm not sure what I'll use the card for yet and I need some goodies for the box. Thanks loads, Adele, I'm sure I'll be trying this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment