Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Bah! Humbug! Pleats and Ruffles Challenge



This week at Bah! Humbug!, in honor of the royal wedding, our challenge is to use pleats or ruffles. I'm telling you, with the gorgeous 8o degree + weather we're having, Christmas was far from my mind today, but I just couldn't miss it. I knew I wanted to do something vintage, but a number of attempts were unsuccesful so I resorted to an image and frame from the Graphic 45 Christmas Past Collection. I'd bought a number of colors of the ribbon from WalMart several years ago before I realized it was too stiff to tie a pretty bow so it's been sitting in my stash ever since. Fortunately I was able to pleat it using Terrifically Tacky Tape. The pleated medallion is from K&Co which I backed with a Nesties circle.

I popped the frame and added a peelie border to the mat and a few adhesive gems and there ya go. I still feel like I'm playing "catch up" after my birthday trip, so I apologize for my sparse and irratic comments and visits to all of your blogs. Please forgive.

No comments:

Post a Comment