Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Hermoine Meets The White Rabbit


Oh what fun challenges are going on at The Tiddly Inks Challenge Blog and The Burtonesque Dolls! First of all, our TI challenge is Reel Me In. Design a project inspired by a Summer or Scary movie. Then, at The Burtonesque Dolls, the challenge is to use a "Potterish" character and put them in a Burton movie. I had plenty of ideas for both, but when Christy released the new Wizardette, how perfectly these two challenges came together. I used the PNG of Wizardette and printed her directly over a movie poster from Alice in Wonderland. I flipped her and stretched her a bit to cover the movie advertisement in the upper right corner and still have her standing on the tea table. I don't do alot of digital work (other than printing my images) so this was very exciting to me. (Yeah, I'm easily impressed. LOL) I left her partially off the poster and cut around her. The whole thing is mounted on an 8x8" page from Graphic 45's Halloween in Wonderland.

I honestly hadn't a clue how to color her, so I followed my DT sister Jen's lead (although not nearly as well as she did). Jen had actually requested the image and Christy was happy to oblige. Thank you both for that! I love her! I used a Sassy Studio Designs sentiment. Hermoine seems a little perplexed as to exactly who this rabbit is. Yikes, a spell gone wrong?

Another Sassyland Sentiment for The White Rabbit. Could it be more perfect?

Not a whole lot of dimension here, but that's okay because I think I'm gonna frame it. Go take a look at the fab creations by the Tiddly Inkers as well as those by The Burtonesque Dolls. Inspiration abounds! I had a ball with these challenges, and so will you! I'm also entering it in The Altered Alice Tea Things Challenge. I can't tell you how fabulous the projects are over there. And not just the amazing designers! I'm humbled and a teeny bit intimidated each time I go look, but of course, loving all things Alice, I can't stay away.

And don't forget to come back on Thursday for the exciting Victorian Steampunk Collaborative Release by Tiddly Inks AND Make it Crafty. There's more info HERE, along with sneak peeks and a FREEBIE! You don't want to miss this!

No comments:

Post a Comment