Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Bah! Humbug! Nativity Challenge


This week at Bah! Humbug! they're celebrating the true meaning of Christmas with a Nativity challenge. This became slightly more difficult for me than expected when I realized I have NO Nativity stamps and would have to rely on my Cricut. The Nativity I chose came from the Christmas Village cartridge and the figures are designed to be free standing. I welded the figures in DS, hid the contours of the bases and also welded a small rectangle from George at the base of each figure to hide the slit at the bottom where the base fits in. Of course, no shadows again, so I hid the interior contours of the images, cut it in brushed gold card stock and glued them slightly offset. The Star is from Joys of the Season.

I decided to keep it pretty CAS. I thought just the white and gold looked elegant, but a plain white mat look unfinished and it was too large to emboss with a regular A2 Cuttlebug folder. I decided to use the smallest of my Spellbinders Grand Circles to emboss only (tape your die in place and run it through your machine with the embossing pad and plate so it won't cut through) and then added some holographic peelie stars. I popped the cuts and added an adhesive star to the star cut and a few adhesive rhinestones to the manger. I'm actually quite pleased with how it came out. Look ladies, no camels. LOL Really though, the B!H! DT examples are lovely, as always and welcome back, Ann! Oh, and today is my dear friend Barb's Birthday (and it's her final week as a B!H! Guest Designer) so pop by and sing her the b-day song. I'm also entering this in the Christmas Stampin' All Year Long Resist the Temptation challenge, The Crazy Challenge Monthly Christmas No Red or Green Challenge, The Jingle Belles Peace on Earth challenge, the Sparkles Forum Christmas Songs challenge (Joy to the World), Fab's big Christmas Something Shiny (and/or Snowflakes)Challenge for Oct, CHNC Suitable for a Male Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment