Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Paint it Up With the Tiddly Inkers


This week at the Tiddly Inks Challenge Blog we're painting it up. You can use any type of paint, watercolor, acrylic, Distress Ink, just paint it on. I took this opportunity to try a technique I've been seeing all over blogland. It's the faux woodgrain technique using acrylics and plain white glue (like Elmer's). First I painted my tag with acrylic in brown. After it dries, I brushed on a coat of white glue and waited 'til it was just tacky. Over that I painted another coat of acrylic. This time I used a color called Bleached Sand. As it dries, the cool crackle appears like magic. Soo much FUN! (And I didn't even really get my hands dirty...much. LOL) To add some strength to the tag, I backed it with brown card stock. I thought the sweet Lilli Claire Tiddly Did You Hear? was perfect for the rustic background. She's colored with Copics, fussy cut and popped. I colored my metal "friends" sticker with a Bic permanent marker and added some cute flower brads and a ribbon. Please stop by the Tiddly Inks Challenge Blog to see the amazing work by the rest of my teamies. and don't miss Christy's Blog where she previews a NEW little Christmas Lilli Claire image and has a fun little freebie to match. I'm also entering this in the Craft Your Days Away Tag It challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment