Monday, April 4, 2011

BBTB2 Mother's Day Challenge


Now don't get all worried. This Mother's Day card is at least in the realm of tastelful...if you dig tattoos, that is. Our dear DT sis Lori, chose the challenge for BBTB2 this week, which is any of the words or sentiments from the Mother's Day 2010 cart. For some reason, the "Mother" cut just made me think of a tattoo so I went with it. What, you don't know Mom's with tats? LOL I made a shaped card in DS using the heart from Indy Art and then used the cool cut out layer. I welded the shadows of the roses (also from Indy) to the shadow of "Mother" and chose traditional bold tat colors.

I was thinkin' about leaving the whole thing flat since if your tat had dimension you'd be in for a whole lot of trouble, but in the end, I just couldn't help myself. Just a little, just 2 off the base, and some gems, 'cause it all looked a bit too plain without. I kind of love it. Won't be sending it to the MIL, though. Back to the drawing board for that. My DT sisters have done beautiful traditional layouts and cards for this challenge so if you're looking for inspiration please head over to BBTB2. And remember, if you don't have the Mother's Day 2010 cart, you may use any of the carts with Mother, Mom, Grandma, Happy Mother's Day, you get the drift, to play along.

No comments:

Post a Comment