Monday, April 26, 2010

BBTB2 Sentimentals Bee Challenge and Blog Hop


Welcome friends, it's the last Monday of the month so it's BLOG HOP time at BBTB2! It was my turn to choose the challenge this week and I chose the pretty bee from Sentimentals. I'd been dying to use this cartridge and figured that if my teamies didn't have it, there were plenty of other great bees to choose from. How exciting this challenge turned out to bee! The inspiration is amazing at BBTB2 with so many adorable bees buzzing around. Bee sure to check them all out. If you've come from Beth's blog you're on the right track. If not, start HERE and follow the hop for lots of yummy blog candy. My shaped card uses the accompanying sentiment from Sentimentals welded in Design Studio, along with flowers from Walk in my Garden.
To add extra color, I cut the sentiment 3 times and popped the layers slightly offset within the shadow base. The bee hovering over the large flower is on a wire spring for some movement and added dimension.
For texture, the small flowers were embossed with the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder. The larger pink flowers were cut out of Bazzill Dotted Swiss card stock. The black and white polka dot is Bo Bunny Double Dot. Lotsa dots goin' on here. Adhesive beads took the place of doodling. Now on to my fabulously talented dear friend and DT sister x 3, Margie's blog, but before you do, please leave a comment to be entered into the drawing for a $30.00 gift certificate from Custom Crops. I'll be announcing the winner on Friday, April 30th.

No comments:

Post a Comment