Thursday, April 29, 2010

Oh Alice! Challenge 10 Queen of Tarts


Wow this week is flying by! I sort of took some days off from crafting because of the gorgeous weekend and my birthday and I feel like I'm playing "catch up". This week at Oh Alice! they are celebrating the Queen's tarts and asked for food on our cards. I made the Mad Hatter's Cake using my Cottage Cutz die, available at The Scrapping Cottage. Doesn't it look YUMMY!? I've always wanted a REAL cake like this for some occasion but for now a paper one will have to do. I loved the colors on the packaging for this die so I just mostly copied those. I cut the whole thing out of white card stock and colored the pieces with my Copics (except for the little roses where I used a textured pink card stock wth gel pen for detail.) The layers and roses are popped for dimension. Because of the strong colors I decided to use black and white for the rest of the card. the background embossing is the Diamonds in the Rough Cuttlebug folder. (I thought it had an "Alicey" kind of feel to it). The sentiment is from the Cuttlebug Happy Birthday card making combo. Hope you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment