Friday, April 23, 2010

Jubilee Layout (Yes, you read that right!) for Custom Crops- .Cut File Available


Don't faint, but I actually made a layout. Of course I couldn't find the picture I had in mind to put in it, but it's a layout nonetheless. Those of you who know me know I have NEVER done a layout in my life. But this was a challenge from Custom Crops so I just couldn't refuse. (It does hopefully excuse the quality, though, I hope. LOL) Anyway, besides it having to be a layout, it also was to feature the Jubilee cartridge. (Another one of those I thought I needed and have NEVER used.) I didn't go all creative because, quite frankly, it's the houses that I bought this cart for so I focussed on them. I hope you can tell that the huge mat in the background is a house with a porch. (My dear friend Leah, who's the QUEEN of layouts, didn't immediately get that so it sort of made me nervous.) I planned to put a 4 x 6 picture of our house the day we moved in on this but as I said, I couldn't find it. Thought this "Welcome Home" theme could work for a number of different Homecomings though; new baby, returning soldier, you get the picture. Only the big cloud from Create a Critter (which I thought could be used for journaling) and the grass and rectangular mat from Plantin Schoolbook were not cut from Jubilee. The DPs are from Heidi Grace and I added a few Prima flowers and texture with my cuttlebug Spots and Dots and Swiss Dots folders. The article and .cut file are available HERE on the Custom Crops site. Now I'll happily return to my comfort zone (much to everyone's relief! LOL)

No comments:

Post a Comment