Monday, June 13, 2011

BBTB2 Freshly Picked Gnomes Challenge



Happy Monday! It's time for another BBTB2 challenge and this week our dear and fabuously talented DT sister Theresa chose any gnome from the Freshly Picked cartridge. I fortunately do have Freshly Picked, but if you don't, you must drop by BBTB2 to see the creative ways my sisters came up with gnomes from other carts. Super fun! I made a gatefold card by welding the flipped shadows of the gnomes to the shadow of the gazebo. Amazingly, the whole card is made using Freshly Picked! WooHoo!


There are quite a few layers to these gnomes, and I find that one of the easiest ways to deal with that is to cut some of the layers in plain white card stock and color them with my Copics. Besides the areas that will show, I also color around the edges of where the layers will be placed (especially if I'm gonna pop them) so you don't have glaring white edges when you view the card from the side. It doesn't have to be neat or anything, or solid. Color just a quarter inch or so in. I considered trying to draw a mouth on the Juliet (I've got Gnomeo and Juliet on the brain, here) but decided against it. Heck, Tilda gets along fine with no mouth. Just think how popular she is. And anyway, Juliet doesn't look like she's missed too many meals...so...


I didn't do a whole lot of popping on this one, quite frankly because I was still working on it this morning. Nothing like waking up at 4:30 AM on Monday knowing you have a DT project to finish! But yesterday was gorgeous (for the first time in weeks), and when DH asked if I wanted to go out for a late lunch at one of the wineries I just couldn't refuse. And after...well...


I only cut the gazebo in one layer because popping the inside makes it difficult to close and at some point I'll add a sentiment. I did emboss it with the Distressed Stripes Cuttlebug folder, though and did a bit of doodling. The vines and flowers wiere also cut in shite and colored with Copics and I added yellow adhesive pearl centers. so what do you think? Maybe cute for an anniversary card? Inside it could say "Just like Gnomeo and Juliet". They don't die in that movie, do they? Well, it's another gorgeous day and I'm off to walk. Don't want to end up looking like Juliet... Catch ya later.

No comments:

Post a Comment