Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day from the Cats



Goliath new exactly what he wanted for a Father's Day card this year. He's been "gifting" Daddy almost daily, although we've closed the cat door at night to cut down on unpleasant "surprises" (see bottom of post HERE if you're interested). The rat banner is done with a MS punch some twine and the Cuttlebug Monogram Seals Emboss Plus folder. He's broadened his hunting skills to include birds (on the DP by Heidi Grace) and of course we can't forget the appetizer mice (also a MS border punch.) Goliath, himself, is from a Sticky note pad by Paper House productions that he swears he modeled for.


I glued him to card stock for strength, cut him out and popped him, along with the hanging rats and monogram seals. Before taking them out of the folder, I colored the letters with gel pens. After removal, I inked the edges.

And inside... the little lizard is a Cottage Cutz Die and I've added lidded goggle eyes. He's still smiling because he has no idea he's dessert. Both cats enjoy chasing and catching lizards but we always thought they must taste nasty since Goliath always let them go. Last time I heard Jezzie's muffled "I've got something for you" meow I was totally surprised when she chomped one right down. EEEWWWW!!! I'm assuming it's an acquired taste, but one she's dying to share with her Daddy. She says it tastes just like chicken, yeah, right!


Of course Jezzie's card is all about her. I made a shaped card with Design Studio using Car Decals. I cut the interior pieces by hiding the contours of the regular Cat2 and cutting them pieces individually in the other papers. Jezzie couldn't decide whether she wanted to be fuzzy or sparkly so I used Sparkly Fluff to cover both bases. Attached to her bow in is a silver charm that says "Special". She's a very skittish and wild thing, but she's Daddy's Little Princess and has just recently allowed him to actually comb her, resulting in far fewer hairballs and quite the fluffy coat. She thinks she's just "boofy" (beautiful) these days and when Daddy bends down and tells her she's his pretty girl she stretches and rolls over to show him her tummy.


So the inside reads "Daddy, I feel like a princess all boofy and new and it's all because of you!" The hearts are RainDots. Oh oh! Jezzie just noticed I forgot the hugs and kisses... better go fix that! I'm entering these cards in the Whimsical Wednesday Father's Day Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment