Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Bah! Humbug! Acetate Challenge



This week at Bah! Humbug! it is the dreaded Acetate Challenge. Eiyiyi! Because of preparations for our July 4th party, (yes, we had a blast, ate and drank WAY too much, stayed up late and we're still recovering) I had no time to really think about this and the magnitude of the challenge until today. Secretly, I think those Humbuggers were exacting revenge on us Yanks for the whole Independence thing, but that could just be me. Worse yet, I decided to try something new and take on a "Magic" card from SplitcoastStampers , which just about did me in. Even when I'm feeling 100%, measuring is not my forte, so this proved to be more than a little daunting. Since I stink at stamping, and stamping on acetate is a particular bite, I decided to use a digi stamp and let the computer do that work for me. I used the quirky little Prezzie Elf, part of Santa's Grotto from The Octopode Factory.



I chose non traditional colors from the Happy Holidays collection by Fancy Pants because of the whimsical image. As you pull on the bow, the magic starts to happen.


I used the method shown on the video for this type of card because I used my Nesties to cut the window.


As you can see, once fully extended, a fully colored image appears just like magic! WooHoo! He's colored with Copics with some Distress inking in the background. The sentiment is also computer generated. I think it turned out pretty darn cute, despite my troubles in creating it. Hopefully next time will go better (if there ever IS a next time). Is it "Happy Hour" yet? Oh yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment