Monday, July 4, 2011

Have a Crab-u-lous Fourth! (BBTB2 Starfish Challenge)


Well, it's finally here! The Fourth of July is a big deal at our house so I took the opportunity to do one last patriotic project. When our fabulous team leader Heather chose the starfish from Life's a Beach for this week's BBTB2 challenge, all I could see was more red, white and blue. My red is the addition of the adorable crab from Create a Critter. Because all 3 starfish are one cut, I had to use alot of hiding contours in DS to get them positioned to weld, and of course they didn't include shadows on Life's a Beach (Grrrr!!!) so I did a little manipulating there as well. The starfish and crab are done with Bo Bunny card stock and the inside mat is a really old DCWV Summer stack.

Yes, it's a shaped front card and I couldn't resist adding a little toothpick flag in his little claw.

I had planned to make this really simple because of all the stuff I had to get done for our party this week, but in the end it did get pretty dimensional. Woohoo! Now grab some inspiration from the rest of my DT sisters and come and play along. Remember, you have two weeks to complete the challenge and new projects only, please. and be sure to mention and link to BBTB2 so others can join in the fun. Have a Crab-u-lous 4th and stay safe! I'm also entering this in the Fantabulous Cricut Pool Time (or Water-Themed) Challenge this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment