Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Bah! Humbug! Doily and Friday Sketchers Challenge


This week the lovely ladies at Bah!Humbug! chose Doilies for the challenge. The first ones I found in my stash were gold metallic and immediately thought Victorian. After completing their Oldies but Goldies challenge HERE and becoming reacquainted with the K&Co Christmas Cheer DP and embellies I was anxious to pull out all the stops so I used LOADS of the stuff. (Clean and simple was not favored in Victorian times, and rarely in mine, either). But what to do with all this STUFF?
While visiting Lynn's blog, I came across her entry into the Friday Sketcher's challenge and thought "what a perfect sketch!" so everything (and I mean EVERYTHING, this card weighs a TON!) fell into place. I used my Spellbinder's Labels Seventeen again with one of the mats embossed with the Cuttlebug Textile Texture folder. The MS border punch is French Scroll.

Besides the layered chipboard I still added more dimension with foam. Not as fat as my Cricut cards, but it added to the overall feeling of EXCESS!

I rarely make a card base directly from DP, especially double sided, because it's just not sturdy enough. To balance the front weight, I finished the inside with pretty thick mirror card stock and layered away using scraps I had rejected for the front of the card. Quite a mish mash of stuff but I kinda like it. Finally, I used another large chipboard piece for the inside sentiment which further strengthened the piece. I wonder how much it's gonna cost to mail this? LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment