Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tiddly Inks Kiss Me You Fool Challenge


This week our challenge at Tiddly Inks is Kiss Me You Fool. Our designs must include an image kissing or the word kiss in the sentiment. There are many adorable Tiddly Inks images I thought about using for this challenge, but I finally decided on Froggy Thoughts (a super bargain at only $1.00) which not only has a cute frog prince, but many fun froggy sentiments as well. I'd just been creating a card with my Cricut using the Love Struck cartridge and I noticed the "Kiss" cut and thought it would be perfect as a base for this challenge. I think many crafters who use the Cricut never think to combine them with digi stamp images, but I think it's a fun way to expand one's crafting horizons and make a truly unique card. I created the shaped card using Cricut Design Studio.
I printed the frog prince 3 times on designer paper and because it was paper, not card stock, I glued the images to card stock for strength before cutting them out. I printed it out one more time on plain white card stock so I could color and fussy cut the crown. Paper piecing is an easy way to add color to the image without the use of markers or pencils. I popped the front feet and and then the head to give a him a 3D look and added lidded google eyes (made by Darice and found in the kid's craft area at J's). The cute sentiment was cut with my Nesties labels 11.

Here you can see the dimension of the whole card. Isn't it cute? I used fun Spring colors because I thought it could work for occasions other than Valentine's Day as well. For more inspiration be sure to visit the Tiddly Inks Challenge blog and check out the Tiddly Inks Store to see the fun new images for Valentine's Day and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment