Monday, February 14, 2011

BBTB2 Heart Border Challenge


Happy Valentine's Day! Busy day and I'm running a bit behind. This week my dear friend and DT sister Susan chose the heart border and decorative heart from the Martha Stewart Seasonal Cake cartridge for our BBTB2 challenge. Wow, 2 week's in a row I didn't have the cart (better get shopping, LOL) so I chose one from Stamping and welded it to "Love U" from All Mixed Up. (Love that whimsical font!)
Again, it's a shaped front card (one of my faves to make) using the rounded rectangle from George for the back. The inside mat is actually adhesive backed Dear Lizzy fabric paper from American Crafts and I did manage to cut it with my Cricutl I used my deep cut blade because I figured it was sharper than my regular one and probably multicut is at least 5 times. It did snag a bit and next time I won't try it unless I have a brand new blade, but it was okay (but not perfect...grrrr).
Lots of layers and a bit of embossing and the cute adhesive conversation hearts were in my stash from M's several years ago. I'm hoping Susan will count them as decorative hearts. LOL Go have a look see at the lovely projects from the rest of the BBTB2 team and we'd love it if you'd play along.


I'd also like to enter this in the Fabulous Friday Challenge at Frosted Designs where the sweet and multitalented Chloe is Guest Designer. She has challenged us to us the word "Love" on our project and you've got to go see the amazing things she has done with the word "Love"! Now I'm off to clean up for a romantic dinner in the city, WooHoo! Hope your day has been super special, or if not, my Macabre Monday post (scroll down) for today may be more to your liking. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment