Monday, February 21, 2011

BBTB2 Fishing Boy from A Child's Year


Yes, it's safe to come back to my blog now for this week's challenge at BBTB2, the fishing boy from A Child's Year, chosen by our dear and wonderfully talented DT sister Shelly. My original thought was to make a shaped card using the just word "Dream" from the Stamping cartridge but I really wanted to add a tree. That would have made it one super humongo card so I turned it into a wall hanging instead. The tree is from Heritage manipulated a bit in Design Studio to change it's proportions.
Although there is a shadow for the tree, there is no foliage layer so I just cut the tree again and trimmed it where the branches attached and popped each layer. The woodgrain DP is from the DCWV Green Stack, the gingham from Melissa Francis 6x6 Kitchy Kitchen pad (embossed with Swiss Dots, and the rest from the DCWV Linen Closet stack. The disk swing not only a design element, but is also how I attached the left side of the twine hanger to the piece. I use a good deal of foam (cut in large strips) between the layers of my hanging pieces which stiffens things up enough that I don't have to cut a chipboard base.
My fave part of this were the fish I cut from Camp Out in the same patterns from the Linen Closet Stack and attached with a Tim Holtz Swivel Clasp. I punched the whole straight through the layers (foam and all) with my Cropadile and also threaded the twine through. My DT sisters came up with lovely pieces for this challenge so be sure to stop over to BBTB2 and have a look and if you don't have A Child's Year, you can use any fish from any cart if you'd like to play along.

No comments:

Post a Comment