Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Bah Humbug Challenge # 11 - Peel-Offs




This week at Bah!Humbug! the challenge is peelies, which I personally love! Maybe it's because they're not so readily available in the US so I've had to rely primarily on my friends across the pond. But at the recent Expo there was a booth FILLED with peelies and I managed to spend $50 there. I'm particularly fond on them for embossed cards where just a tiny sentiment, corner, or border adds that little special something. On these two cards I used that fun double embossing technique that I've been enjoying so much. For details click HERE for Nilda's video on The Cuttlebug Spot. These were a bit more challenging because I used my Spellbinders Create a Flake instead of a regular Nestie or Label but I LOVE how it came out. The embossing folder is the limited edition Snowflakes folder I got at Custom Crops. The cards are matted in the palest blue foil (which of course didn't photograph anything like the true color. It's even paler than the icy blue background I used for the photo) and aren't those delicate snowflake peelies GORGEOUS! (wish I'd bought a ton more of those!) The "Season's Greetings" was a gift (I think from Izzy Wheadon from the Cricut mb (Hugs, Izzy!) and the "peace" is a Stampendous peelie (one of the few manufacturers in the US). BTW, today is my dear friend Margie's 50th birthday so why not pop over to her BLOG and wish her a happy day?

No comments:

Post a Comment