Monday, November 29, 2010

BBTB2 Deck the Halls Challenge


We're decking the halls at BBTB2 with a fun challenge from our wonderfully talented and dear DT sister Jeri. The challenge is to use that phrase WITH the ornaments from the Winter Frolic cartridge. The inspiration for my card came from the sort of retro style of the Deck the Halls cut. When searching for paper I came across this nostalgic print from Melissa Francis and the stripes from the same line so I chose the (rather dull) colors accordingly. I embossed the first mat with the Cuttlebug Polka Dots embossing folder and inked everything to age it all up further and I colored the stars with a silver leafing pen.
The whole thing made me think of the old ornament boxes I have from my childhood and when I dug one up, I realized that Melissa Frances must have used the box for inspiration as well.

My card has a shaped front (obviously one of my fave types to make) using Design Studio and the rounded rectangle from George for the back.
Then lots of popped layers and adhesive beads. Yup, another fat one. Not exactly merry and bright but it took me back. There's tons of inspiration to get you in the Christmas spirit at BBTB2 so go have a look, and if you don't have Winter Frolic, you can choose the words and ornaments from any cart.

No comments:

Post a Comment