Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Cuttlebug Spot Thank Yous


Well we've been working on Thanksgiving dinner all month at the Cuttlebug Spot and our last offering is a thank you to our dinner host. This whole set of challenges would have been alot easier had I kept the same design scheme, but I'm kinda ADD, so of course nothing matches. It's okay I'm not hosting Thanksgiving anyway, just making butternut squash lasagna and pumpkin and pecan pies.

I always like the idea of Core'dinations card stock and have a bunch so I pulled out some whitewash with an orange core to try it. I used my Cuttlebug Autumn Type folder and sanded away. It never really comes out as dark as I imagine it will. The card itself is the reverse side of that color card stock. Oh well, we've got a sort of pastel Autumn thing going but this was my 3rd attempt for this challenge so I just went with it. The lighter orange is also Core'dinations with a brown top (obviously used in the reverse). The "Thank you" is a Sizzix folder cut with my Nesties rectangle with the window cut with the scalloped version. the leaves were cut with my Nested Maple leaves. One was obviously embossed with Swiss Dots, and the other, scored with my MS score board. I used the Nesties instead of my Cuttlebug maple leaf because it was a tad smaller.

Then it was just a matter of a little popping and voila! DH said the muted color of the Core'dinations make it look Southwest but I kinda like it. Now rush over to The Cuttlebug Spot to check out the fabulous creations from my teamies and be sure to leave a comment because we have a fab new sponsor and you don't even have to make anything to WIN! WooHoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment