Monday, November 15, 2010

Macabre Monday Ravenous Ravens


Had to get my creep on this morning for a new Macabre Monday. This week we've got Ravenous Ravens and I just HAD to break out my Quoth the Raven set from Smeared Ink. This is my attempt at being "collagey". LOL I started with the Ink Spot Digi background from Tiddly Inks (makes great blood spots too! ;D ) which is part of the Love Hurts set. ALL of the rest of the stamps are from Quoth the Raven from Smeared Ink. (Sorry I can't get a direct link to the set, but it's one of the unmounted stamp sets.) I started by cutting a book with my Nesties and stamped the exerpt from the Edgar Allen Poe's poem "The Raven". Added a few more quotes. Then I stuck a skull and wings on Poe (easiest way to make him bald) and stamped him again so I could cut out his eyes and add them to the skull. I thought about adding some blood drips but thought that might be a bit much for a Monday. Consider this "pre pecking". Y'all did see the movie "The Birds", didn't you...shudder!
I had a fun time inking and popping to give plenty of dimension. By now SandyE should be coming to and ready to give me a ration of S**T for this card, but I'm extremely fond of it. (You know I love you, Sandy but just HAVE to tease! LOL) Anyway, my Sinister Sisters have knocked this challenge out of the park so have a look see at their masterpieces HERE. And come on, I know you've got some closet creep left before we're TOTALLY CONSUMED by "Good Cheer" (and actually, that ain't gonna stop the Macabre Minions), so why not try and play along. I want to see some NEW FACES over at Haunted Design House. (Creepiness LOVES company!) Come back later today for my BBTB2 project which I promise isn't the least bit creepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment