Monday, November 15, 2010

BBTB2 Give Thanks Challenge


Honestly, aren't I just the worst!? Here the BBTB2 challenge this week is hosted by ME and I'm late getting this up on my own blog. Guess I'm still recovering from a fabulous holiday kickoff part at my our BFF's on Saturday night so I'm running behind on EVERYTHING. Sorry! I chose "Give Thanks" from the new Thanksgiving cartridge, not only because of the season, but because I don't think I say thank you nearly enough to all of the people who touch my life on a regular basis. My family, friends, and loved ones make me truly happy to wake up each morning and I THANK YOU sooo much from the bottom of my heart!

My project is actually a wall hanging because I cut it BIG! Besides the obvious Thanksgiving Cart sentiment, I used my new Paper Lace cartridge to make the background. To tell you the truth, I wasn't sure how well the intricate pattern would work so I cut Lace 1 and it's shadow from page 23 at 8". Then I thought how pretty it would look if some of those leaves and swirls were colored in different colors so I hid the contours of the various elements (using Design Studio, each on a separate page, with different colors) and previewed them to see how they would look. The final medallion ended up being 5 layers thick, not counting the shadow or the scalloped dealies (which is the Lace 2 Shadow on page 29). I have no idea what size they are since I just manipulated those layers in DS until I though they were okay but the final piece is 10 inches. Gluing it together was a real bite since all of the card stock had a matte metallic or iridescent finish and I was using my Zig 2 way glue so I had to work FAST. It also used up 8 pieces of card stock, not counting the 3 layers for the "Give Thanks" sentiment. Don't think I'll be trying this again soon. LOL
It killed me not to pop anything, but if I tried, I think I still would be working on it! As it is, you can see the full 8 layers make it pretty thick. At least I managed to throw in some adhesive gems for a finishing touch. My fabulous Design Team Sisters have done gorgeous projects this week so please visit BBTB2 and take a look. Those who didn't have the Thanksgiving cartridge were welcome to use "Thanks" from any cart and you, of course are too. Hope to see some participation because I've never gotten to pick the POW winner before. Impress me! LOL Aww heck, you always do! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment