Monday, November 8, 2010

BBTB2 Doggie from Create a Critter



Okay guys, it's safe. No more creepiness at least until Friday. (Not that I have something scheduled then, but who knows). This is the second post of the day however, so please find it in your heart to scroll down and leave some love for little Madison in my Macabre Monday post. She's not THAT creepy and I personally think the sentiment is a hoot!

Exciting stuff at BBTB2 this week. We have a new DT member, Maria McGuire and she's a dear friend and super talented crafter so be sure to say "Hi" to her and check out her wonderful blog. Welcome to the team, chickie! Our challenge this week was chosen by the fabulously creative and sweet friend, Carole. It is the little doggie on page 35 of the Create a Critter handbook. I hate to say that this is only the second time I've used this cart. I know it's a fave for many. Too many carts, too little time. (Am I the only one who feels this way?)
My card has a shaped front which, as usual, doesn't show from the the front. The shapes were welded in DS using mostly Create A Critter with the birthday cake from Celebrations and the back rectangle from George. the little guy in the fire hat sort of dicatated a red, white and black card but I just realized, the last 3 projects I did for BBTB2 were in the same color scheme, so I apologize. (It is one of my faves though) The many candles are from a EK Success border punch and I colored the flames with my gold leafing pen. The gold around the sentiment shield is a peelie. Had to pull out the old Alpha Beads as they were feeling a bit neglected. And of course my lidded google eyes from Darice (to be found in the kids crafts section in J's) Oh crap! I'm sooo sorry Lillie and Sandy! I DO have yours but obviously forgot to send them. (Now let's see if I can FIND them!)
It's been awhile since I've done a nice FAT card. They do take alot longer to design and put together (not to mention how much they cost to send) but they truly are my favorite things to do. I'd DIE without dimensional foam!
And don't faint! I actually completed the INSIDE! Actually, I was afraid I might forget the sentiment if I didn't. (JK) So that's about it except there are fabulous creations to be seen at BBTB2 by the rest of the DT and remember, if you don't have Create A Critter, you can play along with any dog. We'd love it when you participate.

No comments:

Post a Comment