Sunday, March 6, 2011

Macabre Monday Toe Tags and Body Bags


It's time for another Macabre Monday at Haunted Design House and the challenge this week is Toe Tags and Body Bags. Alter or create a bag or tag in a suitably macabre fashion. My tag was created with my Cricut using the Happy Hauntings cartridge. I created a shadow cut using Design Studio and tweaked the proportions of the tag so I could use a stamp from the As Death rubber stamp set from Smeared Ink. The "stone" layer was cut in white and inked with Pumice Stone, Black Soot, Frayed Burlap, and Forest Moss Distress Inks and run through the Cuttlebug using the Goochie Script folder (which is 5x7"). I used a Nesties classic oval to cut a window in this layer as well as in the As Death stamp. The wings and crown are from the Cuttlebug Emboss Plus Vintage Collage Folder and inked with the same Distress Inks.
Since the challenge said "toe tags" I made a skeletal toe using a chocolate pretzel mold and paper clay but removed one of the bone segments, since the mold was for a finger and I wanted a toe. I intended to suspend the tag from the toe but it ended up being sort of tied there with fibers from my stash. (Besides, it sort of filled a nasty void.)
The inner oval of the stamp is attached to the shadow portion of the tag with the wings behind. The next layer is popped with the arch of the wings and crown adding additional dimension. I'm kinda lovin' this one. AND I'm lovin' the fab work of the rest of the Minions so be sure to pop by and check them out HERE and why not play along?

No comments:

Post a Comment