Tuesday, March 1, 2011

HAT PINS GALORE WITH THE CUTTLEBUG SPOT WEEKLY CHALLENGE

 hello my friends,
between the gym and household chores is a miracle i still alive, lol
 today is a sunny day here in my neighborhood and that should recharge my batteries for a bit.

i am also taking my son to an oral surgeon for a consultation/scheduling on his wisdom wisdom teeth surgery. the bottom ones are sideways and of course they need to be removed. i never had my wisdom teeth so maybe that is why i still a goof--hehe

Ouch! :  Hat pins
this is my take,
Always Laugh
4.25h by 5.5w 
this flower is huge...flowerdisco went crazy this time--hehe

thanks to the spender in me, i bought these hat pins at J's because they were on clearance and i said to myself we never know when we are going to need them, ;p. 
here is a pic of them:
they have different sentiments and i love the font and material used for them, don't you?

anyhow, i looked in my ribbon box and i saw this kind of wide cheap lace :( and i decided to make a flower.
it came out huge, lol, but nonetheless i was decided to use it on my card--go figure.

the fabric button is another clearance find from k&co.

and the paper lace we all know it from the martha stewart collection of punches. i also used it in the inside.

sorry about the "glub" of glue on the white square piece of cardstock. i did not realize it until now. i will take care of it with my x-acto knife later on.

you can see the flower wasn't really attached to the card--wink!!!!
my son still thinks i am a goof, especially when i come to him with these atrocious ideas, lol.
the little white square is very useful as you will see below.

you can see the embossed patterned paper, right? i had to have my embossing in. after all is for the cuttlebug spot :)
 aha!!!!!!!! yeah, you are seeing right ;p. i put another hair pin (a real one) on the back of the ribbon that was glued to the lace flower that was pinned to the white little square--hehe.

now, you can remove the flower and use it as a real hat pin, hair pin, brooch, put it anywhere you want 
....voila!!!!!
that was my genius and or atrocious idea for today. lmbo

so what do you think? hehe...flowerdisco just lost it!!!!!!!!!!

i bet you can do better with some kind of those glubbers  that are so popular right now. 
but you get the idea here first,.
right? right.

play along with us at 
and also enjoy yourself looking at what my team mates have prepare for this week of 
Ouch! Hat Pins
love you all!
*_*

No comments:

Post a Comment