Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Bah! Humbug! Through the Window Challenge



Well, I intended to do 2 challenge cards for Bah!Humbug! this week so as not to spoil my perfect record, but I'm afraid I just couldn't manage the paper tearing one. I actually started it, but didn't like how things were going and I was anxious to to the Windows Challenge and I'm quite pleased with it because it is finished inside AND out. WooHoo! I used another of the Cuttlebug Emboss Plus folders called Lace Door (and turned it into a window, of course). I then cut windows in both the card front and the foil mat and used acetate for the window so I could add panes and snowflakes. Instead of inking the trim, I turned it around and used silver peelies in the debossed lines. The corners are peelies as well.

Inside is the foil embossing of the Snowy Village Cuttlebug folder framed with one of the Oh My Crafts exclusive Holiday folders. I stickled the flakes, rooftops and hillsides. The cut out was done with Nesties Labels Four. Again I used peelies to frame it. The blank space below is where I'll sign it. More peel offs for the sentiment on another of the Emboss Plus Fanciful Labels inked with a silver gel pen. For those of you unfamiliar with "peelies", they are fine metallic stickers that are manufactured mostly in Holland. I get most of mine now from StoneBridge Creations. I hit them up big time at the Expo again (obviously). LOL I'm hoping the Bah! Humbug! gals will forgive me my one lapse and enjoy this window card. I so love playing along with their challenges!

No comments:

Post a Comment