Tuesday, August 24, 2010

BBTB2 Flamingo Challenge


Sorry for the late post here I've been sort of out of whack. DH went on a WEEK long backpacking trip and my schedule sort of went to hell. He's back safe and sound (and sunburned to a crisp and exhausted) but he's a happy camper and so am I. This week at BBTB2 our dear DT sister Melissa chose the flamingo from the Life's a Beach cartridge and added a twist. Our flamingos should be either patterned or any color OTHER than pink. I was messing around in Design Studio and decided that with no shadow and such delicate legs a shaped card was not in my future. (Well okay, this is sort of a shaped card, but you know what I mean.) When I flipped a second image and welded them together however, they started to look rather Art Deco to me so that's where I went. (I kept thinking Miami) I was dying to use one of my new Art Deco Cuttlebug Folders and set out to make something that looked a bit architectural and welded some rounded rectangles from George to make the base. Then I started layering, and layering, and LAYERING!

The card is about 3/4 of an inch thick and weighs a TON! Can't imagine what occasion it could possibly be for (although the flamingo heads sort of form a heart and our anniversary is coming up...no, not what I'm going for) and since it would probaby cost at least $5.00 to mail it ain't goin' anywhere soon. LOL The irridescent papers are from WalMart and M's and I couldn't resist some bling (also from M's). The rest of the team really rocked this challenge so check them out HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment