Sunday, August 29, 2010

WINTER WONDERLAND MPS CHALLENGE

So, I have been working on this card ALL DAY on and off while doing chores.
By the time I finished the light wasn't the best and some pictures are so-so.
I was determined to upload it today so here it comes.

Winter Wonderland
8 inches tall
 I used Joys of the Season to make this card. Since this image does not have separate layers I had to cut the house in sections so I wouldn't waste much paper. I moved the house around on the mat on my Gypsy screen and cut what I just needed in the papers I wanted, using my Expression.
I also used Create a Critter for the string of lights and Christmas Cheer for the "Mrs. Snowmen" hehehe. I had these old Peechy Keen stamps and attempted to make her pretty so I gave her a face and red lips, lol. 
(I forgot to stickle the whole scarf but I will do it tomorrow, blame it on Lulu who wants to play every time I go in my studio, grrr!).





 Here to the left is the bad photo and
 remember you can click on all photos for a better view.





The sentiment Winter Wonderland is from 
MPS Winter Punnies Clear Stamps set
and you can find where to order 
clicking 

I used a snowflakes Cuttlebug die as you can see on your left and I stickled them with the diamond one. I also outlined around the images. I started doing the faux  stitches but it just didn't look too good. I like the outlining better. The door knob is yeap, you guessed it....the old brad. LOL. On the tree trunks I used again the brown Puffy fabric marker.



If you noticed the sentiment here is on a rectangle piece of paper and that is nothing but to cover a mistake. I first stamped the sentiment directly on the cardstock and I messed up. I had to cut this piece of cardstock and stamp it again to cover my boo-boo. I added another snowflake and a small star covered with bling and much-much better.






This is the inside of the card with more of the same snowflakes. You noticed a small strip of paper and that is a stand for the card. The house is 8 inches tall and the regular A2 size card on the back needed some support. I was going to weld it all with the Gypsy but again...that Lulu made me forget. :)
The paper used is from the Peppermint stack from DCWV. The black and white are from American Crafts and the plain red one is from a Hobby Lobby stack. 

I hope you like it and thanks for stopping to visit.



No comments:

Post a Comment