Monday, August 16, 2010

BBTB2 Joys of the Season Cup Challenge


This week at BBTB2 our sweet sister Marina chose the cup cut from Joys of the Season. Of course my first thought was an "Alice" inspired card, but we'd just spent the evening with friends who have poodles (really BIG ones!). I guess I'm more the small dog type, so I decided to make a "teacup" poodle (or a poodle in a tea cup, LOL). I created a shaped card using the shadow of the cup from JOTS and the poodle (flipped) from Create a Critter. I welded the shadow of both, along with the resized heart from the "merci" cut (also Create a Critter) to allow for a decent amount of writing space inside. I really haven't used CAC before and I omitted the "layer 1" because the eye and mouth placement for the poodle looks weird to me. It was interesting to note that when using the shadow and regular cuts for the poodle, the layering pieces weren't exactly the right size so I played around with those until they fit to my liking. The poodle is flocked by running the pieces right side down through my Xyron and afterward her ruff and topknot were embossed with the D'Vine Swirls Cuttlebug folder. Embossing AFTER the flocking made the pattern show up much better than vice versa. I also cut the regular cup twice so I could add some detail to it.

LOTS of layers so I could achieve the dimension I was going for. IRL she really does look like she's inside the cup. The paper is from the 6x6 Sabrina pad by Making Memeories. This was a fun one! Be sure to stop by BBTB2 to see the wide variety of spectacular projects by my DT sisters, and we love it when you play along. Make it a new project though, not one dug up from the depths of your blog because it happens to fit, okay. What's the challenge in that?

No comments:

Post a Comment