Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Cuttlebug Spot - Sympathy Cards


This week at The Cuttlebug Spot we were asked to do Sympathy Cards (or apparantly also Thinking of You cards, you lucky participants, because I had a hard time here.) With all of the cards I make, I just don't do sympathy. I can't, and I feel terrible about it too because I've had the occasion recently and just froze up. Had I made this one I probably wouldn't have sent it anyway because it's pretty darn foofy (suitable for the Pope? Ha Ha, Margie!) but I was determined to use a bunch of stuff I bought awhile ago and had yet to even open. Those things include the Spellbinders Cross set, the Lattice Pendant and Lattice Border and one of the 5x7 embossing folders from the Cricut Companion Sentimentals Cuttlebug set. The lacy corners come with the pendant, the rectangular panel behind the layered cross is the cut out center of the Lace Door Embossing Plus folder and of course the computer generated sentiment is on yet ANOTHER of the Fanciful Labels (that one's getting a workout!)

I layered up a storm and actually do think it turned out quite pretty. Maybe I'll just change the sentiment (First Holy Communion, Christening?). Be sure to stop by The Cuttlebug Spot for a glimpse of the more tastefully simple and elegant cards done by my DT sisters. And if you're not inclined to do Sympathy, you can still play along with a Thinking of You card as long as it's embossed and is NEW (come on you guys, back posting isn't fair to those who really take the challenge!) and you may win a $20.00 gift certificate from Custom Crops.

No comments:

Post a Comment