Friday, August 12, 2011

Bah! Humbug! Kiss-mas Challenge



It's my second week as Guest Designer on Bah! Humbug! and this week our challenge is Kiss-mas. We want you to 'pucker up' and send some Christmas kisses to a loved one in your life. I went back and forth on whether to do something romantic, or cheeky, and guess which won out. Bet I don't have to tell you who it's for, either. This sexy Santa is X-mas Hottie from Kenny K. (Guess she does look rather X rated, LOL). She was so much fun to color with my Copics!



I created the shaped card in Cricut Design Studio. The list (which I stretched a bit) is from the Christmas Cheer cartridge, with some added mistletoe from Christmas Solutions.


I cut the list 3 times and cut it apart to give it dimension. It was then inked with Distress ink in Antique Linen. the shading on the mistletoes was done with my Copics. They are a lot easier to use on intricate cuts. The berries are adhesive pearls from M's.



The sentiment, on both the front and inside, were computer generated. It took a bit of trial and error to get it arranged just right. I typed it within a text box and printed it, then used my light table to see if it would line up correctly. Once satisfied, I used temporary tape to tape it to the page and then ran it through my printer again. Although the inside looks quite like the outside, I didn't use any dimensional elements so it would close properly. I did, however, cut the list another 3 times and cut it apart and layered it (flat) to give the back of the card the structure to make it sturdy enough to stand. This is especially important for shaped cards, such as this. Then, instead of adhesive beads and pearls, I just doodled on the list, used a basic hole punch for the berries and added some Glossy Accents for shine. Instead of a real ribbon, I cut the mistletoe in white and cut and colored the bow and glued it on. I was so happy to see the fabulous response last week to the WOW challenge. the cards were just breathtaking and I hope to see my friends join in again this week. Please pop by to see what the Humbuggers have in store for you this week. You'll not be disappointed.



No comments:

Post a Comment