Monday, August 8, 2011

BBTB2 Pie Challenge





Wow, time sure seems to be flying, because it's already Monday again and time for another challenge at BBTB2. Our sweet and adorable sister, Krista, has chosen the pie from Paper Doll Dress Up for our challenge, but there are loads of pies on other cartridges if you don't have PDDU. I've chosen the pie from Simply Charmed because I've had that cart for ages and never used it. I thought about keeping the smily face on the cut but just couldn't quite bring myself to be that cutesy so I hid the contours in Design Studio.



The pie shadow is welded in DS to the shadow of the sentiment from Hello Kitty font, and a heart from Sweethearts. Yeah, no surprise, it's another shaped front card, the back being from Lacy Labels, another cart I had to have but I'd yet to use. The little tag hanging off the "C" is from Plantin Schoolbook. For once I remembered to do some embossing BEFORE I'd assembled the card with Swiss Dots on the heart, and a Stampin'Up folder on the letters.




The background paper is Graphic 45 Domestic Goddess. The print was the right scale and I thought it gave the card a vintage look. Had to laugh because DH even recognized the vintage vibe. His standard comment for my creations is "That's cute." (including the creepiest of my Macabre Monday cards, which pretty much means he's not looking too closely. LOL) I didn't go wild with dimension this time, but I guess it's enough. I had a busy week. I'm guest Designer at Bah!Humbug! for the month of August and I'm particularly proud of my debut card HERE (if you REALLY wanna see some layering) , and I've joined The Altered Alice Design Team and did something a bit different this week by altering a frame HERE. What fun! Anyway, there's a whole lot of yumminess going on at BBTB2 so be sure and check out the fab creations by my DT sisters and we do hope you play along.


No comments:

Post a Comment