Friday, August 5, 2011

Bah! Humbug! White on White Challenge



TGIF, everyone! An this is not just any Friday. Today I'm joining the Humbuggers for the month of August as Guest Designer! WooHoo! If you follow my blog, you know I've been a proud Loyalty Member of the Bah! Humbug! fabulous Christmas Challenge Blog since last year and I'm more than excited and honored to join Ann and Max and my fellow Guest Designer, Tracy for a month of Christmas fun. This week the challenge is White on White, a particular favorite of mine. I've had the idea for this card for a long while. I designed it in Cricut Design Studio and cut it on my Cricut Expression. The snowflakes are from Accent Essentials and Very Merry Tags, the gorgeous butterfly from Hannah Montana, the sentiment banner from Wedding Solutions and the back from George and Basic Shapes.





No surprise it's a shaped front card, my favorite type to make, and I've used a matte silver for the shadows, from Recollections, to set off the all white design. Then I added plenty of adhesive gems to make it sparkle.




Here's a close up of the sentiment, done on my computer with my Printmaster Pro program.




There are plenty of layers for dimension and the butterfly is adhered in the center only, so the wings are free to fly.




Inside, I've embossed the mat with one of the 5x7" Cuttlebug folders. The sentiment was placed so that it is not visible from the front. I have to say that this may be one of my favorite Christmas cards EVER! I do so hope you come visit Bah!Humbug! to see the lovely creations by the rest of the crew and would be ever so pleased if you decided to play along. On the first Friday of each month there is a prize to be won, and this month's is ever so exciting. I'm also entering it in the Simon Says Stamp Christmas in August Challenge, the Jingle Belles Shape-Up for the Holidays Challenge, the Fussy and Fancy Fridays Challenge and the Winter Wonderland White on White Challenge (I'm hoping since they're allowing a colored image, and I don't have one, that they'll let the little silver shadow slide. LOL)

No comments:

Post a Comment