Tuesday, August 23, 2011

TOFF Birds of a Feather Challenge



This week's TOFF challenge is Birds of a Feather. Actually, this was my original design for last week's Crown or Hat challenge, but I decided to use my Macabre Monday card to enter that one, so this one didn't get made. Still liked the idea, though, and chicks are obviously birds, so... Anyway, I've used Chick Girl for the main image and created my own DP using another little chick from the Easter and Spring Digital Set. I added the "chicks rule" with my Printmaster Platinum computer program. I'm really not too fond of the Copic yellows so the yellow on Chick Girl and the lighter chicks on the DP are painted (rather messily) with Distress Inks. I've drawn the crowns on all the of the small ones and colored them in with a gold gel pen.



I've also painted and sponged the background with Distress inks. The rest of the Chick Girl is colored with Copics. Her crown is a Stampendous Stamp that I heat embossed and cut and popped. I won the stamp on Taylor's blog. She's on the Stampendous DT and does fabulous work and has wonderful giveaways. I've added a feather and also the bow that is part of the Chick Girl image. I really enjoy working with the fun quirky stamps from The Octopode Factory. Check out more inspiration from the fabulous DT HERE.


No comments:

Post a Comment