Thursday, August 4, 2011

TOFF Summertime Challenge



This week the Octopode Factory Friday challenge is Summertime. Lily has so many adorable images that evoke summer in my garden, that I set about playing with my computer to merge a bunch of them together in a little scene. I've used The Sun is Shining, Flowers and Bees, Whimsical Fence and Grass, and another flower and ladybug from the Easter and Spring set (the economical way to go. LOL) Once it was all done, it looked like a coloring book page to me so I colored up a storm with my Copics, using whatever colors caught my eye. Although it's flat (with the exception of the metal "Smile" sentiment that I colored black with a Sharpie) I love how it came out. Just added a little doodling for the sun's rays and the bee's flight and sponged on some sunshine using Distress Ink. Cute, or quirky, Lily's images just make me smile. She is one talented girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment