Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Bah! Humbug! Tag Challenge


This week at Bah!Humbug! the challenge is Tags and Labels. I was very excited because I just ADORE Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of Christmas every year and even bought all of the stuff to make them, but did I? Noooooooo, of course not! This one is inspired by his Tag #4 and I actually stamped all that stuff collage style with StazOn without messing it up TOO much. Then it's inked with Distress Inks (but when I looked back on his tag I see I was really conservative with that inking.) Oh well.


I feel like I cheated a bit, because I had made the little memory frame earlier to match a card I made with my Peggy Loves Vintage Santa Cut Outs 1 Sheet but I really had meant to put it on a tag and just never got around to making it.


I had so much fun with this tag, that for the rest of the day I attempted another using Tim's plaid technique with Alcohol inks and glossy card stock. As you can see here, it was a bust, and those muddy looking plaids were not the result of poor photography but rather, my poor technique. Back to the drawing board!

No comments:

Post a Comment