Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Cuttlebug Spot Bling Challenge and a Hop!


This week at The Cuttlebug Spot we've teamed up wth other Challenge Blogs to do a Blog Hop filled with fun challenges and prizes. Each site offers a different challenge and an opportunity to WIN! We at The Cuttlebug Spot are doing "bling"! I really felt like doing something different, and also wanted to use a few things that I had bought and promptly put away and forgotten about. (Don't laugh, I know you do that too!) I came across 2 of the Cuttlebug Card Making combos, Persia and Ornamental Iron. I had gorgeous royal blue glitter card stock that I thought would be fabulous for the peacock and other embellishment from Persia and I used my Nesties Labels 10. Originally I planned to use mirror cardstock for additional bling, but it really turned out to be too much with the intricate peacock so I opted for some mat specialty paper and embossed it with the folder from Ornamental Iron. The gorgeous dark gold (It sort of looks green in the photo, but it's not) burnished paper behind the embossed layer was a gift from my dear friend Smita, all the way from India! This paper is sooo fabulous and heavy, with almost a leathery texture and I've been hoarding it. IRL it shimmers like it's embedded with gold dust. Thanks so much Smita! The background paper is K&CO Blue Awning which I've had forever and never used. The corners are MS and of course I added some adhesive gems in amber, gold and blue for added bling! This card was quite different for me but I really enjoyed making it. Be sure to stop my The Cuttlebug Spot to see the fabulous bling my DT sisters added to their cards this week and to find out more info on the Hop!

No comments:

Post a Comment