Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Tiddly Inks Spin Me Around Challenge


What a fun challenge we have at Tiddly Inks this week. Have you ever made a spinner card? Well, they're loads of fun and pack a punch and Christy has a great video tutorial posted on her blog HERE. I'm totally in love with the new Harmony at Home and Love Hurts stamps so I combined the two to make a Christmas card. I printed the long village on DP from the Wintersong Collection from S.E.I and then used my Cricut to cut the slot for the spinner because I wanted too use the cut out as well and it assures a perfect cut.

Then I fussy cut around the village and used sticky strip to pop it on the mat (also S.E.I.) so the spinner would work. I sized the heart accordingly and changed the color to red. I colored the little hearts on all of the houses red too.

See here it goes spinning across the card.

For once I finshed the inside of the card right away. The sentiment is computer generated and I used 2 of the single house sets on either side. (One is flipped) I added some Raindot snowflakes and some adhesive beads and I LOVE how it came out. Not in your face Christmassy, but great "across the miles" card, don't you think? Have a look see at the fab creations from the rest of the Tiddly Inkers and we invite you to play along.

No comments:

Post a Comment