Monday, October 11, 2010

BBTB2 Haunted House Challenge


This week at BBTB2 our dear sadistic DT sister Susan chose the 3D Haunted House from the Happy Hauntings cartridge. Secretly, I think she just wanted to do it herself, saw what an overwhelming project it was and wanted to subject us all to the horror (since misery loves company). LOL Just kidding SusieQ, but holy crap! I'm not one of those overachievers who has my DT projects done week's in advance. I'm the consummate procrastinator and and usually scrambling on Sunday night to finish. This week was no exception, but I actually had been screwing with it ALL WEEK! It would have been a bit easier had I done the thing in a single color but I've been lovin' the purple lately (go figure) so there you go. The problem is that seeing the pieces all laid out on the mat, you don't necessarily know what's gonna be what so I cut plenty of the pieces several times. I also cut it at 9 inches which required a 12x24 inch mat. Went through a load of paper. All in all I'm glad I did it, but I was WAY too tired to try and stage it for a lovely pic so I apologize there. Also plan to do a bit more in the way of landscaping, but not today...maybe not even next week. I need a rest.


I wanted to add texture in a few places (particularly that big old chimney) and with a bit of moving and folding bits under here and there I managed to get the Tim Holtz Bricked folder to work.


It's also on the porch floor and steps. All of this project was inked with Distress Inks in Black Soot and Dusty Concord to give it a little more depth.

That ghost coming out of a chimney is a hand ripped dryer sheet (not sure I'm gonna keep him, but my project smells divine!) Oops, I see a bit of lint on the roof...adds to the character.


Once this (bleep bleep) thing was assembled I thought it looked awfully plain and since the purple sort of cut down on the creepiness I decided to glam it up with my MS Drippy Goo punch and WADS of adhesive beads. Hmmm... lookin' a bit like a gingerbread house now. Not my original intent so I added a few flying bats (from a Cuttlebug Halloween set) and attached them with wire here an there. Scarier?

The best part? It lights up!!!!!!! Used colored vellum in the windows. WooHoo! Now be sure to check out the marvelous creations by the brave DT sisters who tackled this project and be sure to leave them some love. There are some really great houses from other carts there as well, so you can still play along. Challenging but toatlly worth it. We'd love to see your take.

No comments:

Post a Comment