Friday, May 28, 2010

Land of the Free Because of the Brave


I'm sure many of us are getting ready for the long holiday weekend with plans for a getaway or a barbeque. Not quite sure what's in the works for us, but I did want to call attention to the reason for this holiday and say thank you to those who have risked or sacrificed their lives for our country. We truly are the land of the free because of the brave men and women who serve. I decided to make a wall hanging using the We Love Our Troops set of downloadable printable stamps from The Cutting Cafe. The United States and open star are from the Stand and Salute Cricut cartridge.

I printed the sentiment twice, once in red and once in blue and punched the layers. I use my Printmaster program to do this and Regina has easy instructions on The Cutting Cafe site.

The ribbon is also part of this wonderful set and I cut it out with scissors, but if you have SCAL for your Cricut or a Pazzles or Gazelle machine you can let your machine do the cutting. This set includes 34 stamps and is perfect for patriots, military families and those of you who participate in Cards for Soldiers, so be sure to check it out. Also, there are new sets arriving several times a week for all kinds of occasions so if you havn't visited The Cutting Cafe recently, you're in for a treat. I hope every one has a safe and wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment