Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Mi Inspiración ... ¡México!

This past spring semester, I signed up to study abroad this summer in Cuernavaca, Mexico. However, with some travel warnings out for U.S. citizens, the university decided it might be better to send us to study in Costa Rica where we can live the pura vida! I will admit, I was a tad bit disappointed when they told us. This small town girl was looking forward to spending the summer in small town Mexico. Instead, I will be living amidst the hustle and bustle of San Jose, capital of Costa Rica!! This should be exciting and interesting to say the least. I hope to take oodles and oodles of beautiful photos! 

No matter where I spend my summer, I absolutely love these vintage south of the border inspired looks.

como talismanes del amor de mis amores


I would absolutely wear every one of these pieces while drinking a José 
Cuervo margarita! The rosary earrings, Frye huarache wedge sandals, chunky ring, and that Prada purse...how can anyone dislike??
I came across this look at Aida Coronado. I will admit, I have a maxi skirt addiction. They are so comfortable and easy to wear. I wear mine around the house, to class, to dinner, out on the weekends, to festivals and concerts...everywhere!  
Just added this skirt to the never-ending wishlist!
Mexican turquoise & red coral ring @ Silver Rush 2000.

To-die-for Peruvian wire earrings from Turtle Island Imports - only $11.95!!.



I am diggin' this wallet from Lulu's, especially that orange color! And you could slip it into one of these fun purses...

All 3 of these purses are fabulous and affordable @ Monsoon. I am a sucker for beading, embroidering, and vibrant colors! The last "pouch" purse is perfect for festival-goers.


This Mexican embroidered kaftan, also from Monsoon, would look great for a day on the beach...oh, say Acapulco??



These bright colors make my heart happy! I would love to go to a Día de los Muertos celebration. I'll add it to my bucket list.


Such rich culture and brilliant colors...I would put a sink like that in every bathroom! 

A market in Honduras, Guatemala. Look at all the probably handmade textiles! I think I could spend an entire day at a place like this. Shopping and people-watching, 2 of my favorite hobbies. I would have bags on both arms, my back, and probably my head, too!


And when I felt a siesta coming, I would relax and unwind in this exquisite bedroom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment