Sunday, May 30, 2010

Macabre Monday Challenge #40 Beautifully Beastly Butterflies


Phew, just finished although I really wanted to do more. I've been messing with this Haunted Design House Macabre Monday challenge all week. Beautifully beastly butterflies, WooHoo! I designed mine in Cricut Design Studio using the butterfly from Hannah Montana with the skull and crossbones and (blood) drop from Indy Art and the bat from Paper Doll Dress Up. I cut it in 3 layers of grungpaper (so this sucker has some strength) and mixed up my own brew of glimmer mist with Perfect Pearls and Distress Reinkers and sprayed the crap out of it (along with anything else within a 3 foot radius). Well, I'm exaggerating just a tad, but let's just say my ironing board will never be the same. LOL And my fingers...YIKES!


Recognize the skull? I asked my DH and he actually saw it for what it was so that's a good sign! Just finished blinging it up and will perhaps put it on a clip to use for a lovely Halloween hat embellishment or something. Would have liked to do a wall hanging, but DH is yelling at me to get ready for Art in the Vineyards so who am I to refuse? Have a great holiday. I'll be back tomorrow with the BBTB2 blog hop so I hope to see you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment