Monday, April 5, 2010

BBTB2 New Arrival Challenge


Happy Monday! Hope everyone's Easter was fantastic! In Napa the downpour was torrential and the drive home kinda scary but the food, as always, was fabulous although we both about exploded (4 courses almost did us in, are we getting old?) Anyway, I had managed to finish this week's BBTB2 challenge in advance (for once) and had a great time with it. Dear Carla chose the baby in the sling from the New Arrival cartridge and I immediately thought of "Rock a Bye Baby".
I had just gotten the Straight from the Nest cartridge and was dying to use it (sooo many cute trees) so I designed a shaped front card using George for the rounded square on the back and rounded rectangle to anchor the tree trunk. The "baby blocks" at the bottom are also from New Arrival. This tree had fabulous layers and allowed me to use eyelets and a brad so that the baby could actually rock.

The fabulous papers are (again) from Nana's Nursery and Heidi Grace. See the baby rocking?



I spelled out "Rock a Bye" using Alpha Beads. They really come in handy. Then it was just blue pearl eyes and the 3 on the sling and I was done. Be sure to stop by BBTB2 to see the fabulous creations by the rest of my DT sisters and we'd love it if you'd play along. Remember also, if you'd like to be a part of the team, you have until the end of the week to upload your best work HERE to be considered. Good luck to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment