Monday, December 20, 2010

BBTB2 Just Because Cards Gingerbread Challenge


It's the last challenge of the year for BBTB2 and our dear and wonderfully talented sister Julie, from across the pond, has chosen the gingerbread boy from Just Because Cards. Okay, I've been talking about emotions this time of year, and oops! here comes another one. Can anyone relate? I honestly planned this totally differently but you know about those best laid plans, especially this time of year. The card shape is also from JBC but for some reason I thought that folding it so there were two layers of the scallops showing when the card was closed would be a good idea.

The sentiment is self explanatory (and is a personal fave for when I'm asked to do yet ANOTHER thing INSTEAD of what I need to get done). It's cut from the checked mat using a font from Winter Woodland. Unfortunately when I was done and looked at it from a distance (like in the pic) the T looks more like an F. I planned on popping that mat, but that made it worse. I guess in a way you could call this a tent topped card with gingy hanging off the top of the card like that. Can't wait to find an envie for this one. LOL The rick rack trim and photo corners are EKSuccess punches, the DP is from the DCWV Homemade Christmas stack, buttons are Recollections and the tiny cookie cutters (I've been hoarding) are by Jesse James Beads from my LSS.(CUTE!!!!)

Didn't want to post this this morning until I got the inside done and it took me 2 1/2 hours to find the card in all this chaos. I even had DH looking for it. (Big mistake, caught lots of crap about my organizational skills, not to mention the sheer VOLUME of stuff I've got) The Merry Christmas is ribbon from M's. The tag is cut from TBBM with a computer generated sentiment. The epoxy stickers are Cloud 9. I actually think it's sort of funny and very reflective of my general mood at the moment (NO, I'M NOT DONE DECORATING AND I KNOW IT'S ONLY 5 DAYS AWAY!) But actually I'd love a bite (of a gingerbread cookie, they're my fave!) FaLaLa!
Now pop by BBTB2 to see the yummy contributions from my DT sisters and on behalf of all of us at BBTB2, we wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment