Thursday, December 9, 2010

Oh Alice! and Some Odd Girl Challenges


I've finally started my Christmas decorating but I still couldn't stay away for the craft room. I've missed so many Oh Alice! challenges and this week the challenge is to make our own flowers. I just received a Die-namics Rolled Rose die from MFT that I saw on my dear friend Enfys' Blog and just had to have. Tried it out straight away, using the plastic sack from my grapefruit and regular copy paper. (I thought is had an interesting pattern/texture). I used my Xyron to adhere the pieces together and thought it turned out pretty darn cute, especially after adding some adhesive pearls (that I colored with my Copics) and a little red bow. Since Some Odd Girl is sponsoring the challenge, and I also wanted to join in on the Some Odd Girl "Girly" challenge, I thought I'd do double duty and used Mae as Alice Pose and colored her with Copics. I collect Alice images, and Some Odd Girl has some of the cutest.

To make the mat I used my new Freshly Picked Cuttlebug Companion Folder and sanded the embossing to make the mushrooms stand out. The center is cut with a Spellbinder's Labels Seven Die. The frame is popped and I've embossed the inside mat with the Cuttlebug Seeing Spots folder. The lattice border is a Martha Stewart Punch. Not pink and frilly, but I hope this is girly enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment